Switching to residential is very easy provided you have large enough doors to get this one out and the new one one. That’s usually the hardest trick.
- unplug old fridge
- cap off propane line to it (assuming one exists)
- remove from RV
- fill vent panels with foam boards
- put new fridge in its place
- plug in new fridge (respecting any rest periods if you have to carry it in in weird orientations)
- if needed to keep the fridge on for travel- add or upgrade inverter & potentially upgrade RV battery
The biggest challenge is often getting the old one out and new one in. People have had to use windows or even their motorhome’s windshield.